Branch@Home frequently asked questions
• I use Branch at Home at home and the office. Will I be able to register multiple computers?
Yes. You’re welcome to register home computers, office computers and laptops that you normally use to log in and would like to mark as safe for accessing your accounts. There is no limit on how many different computers you can use to log in to your account.
• What if I want to log in from the library?
You can access your accounts from unregistered computers by answering one of the security questions you selected when you first registered your computer.
• Is there a fee for this additional protection?
No, FKFCU will as always safeguard your accounts free of charge.
• What if I share my computer with someone who has their own account? Can we both login from the same computer?
Yes, you can use the same computer to log into your individual accounts. There is no limit on how many people can log into Branch at Home from the same computer.
• Can I change my secret image, phrase, or questions?
Yes, you can change your image and text phrase at any time. To make the change from B@H, go to the preference tab on left side of screen then click on security settings.
• Do I need to remember the questions I set up?
Yes, and you may want to share your challenge questions with your joint owner.
• Why are these changes being made?
The Federal Financial Institution Examination Council has mandated this security measure for all financial Institutions.
• Why did I have to change my pin/password?
You did not change your pin/password. That stayed the same, you added a PASSPHRASE which is just a phrase not your pin/password and "YourImage" only.
• If I have multiple accounts set up on my Branch@Home do I need to enroll them also?
Yes, every account will have to be set up with a passphrase and passmark. Remember this does not change your pin/password and access to all accounts will stay the same.